Tips For Great Skin!
TIPS TO GREAT SKIN
In honour of our 20% skin care sale, FitHealth’s wellness ambassador Emilie Fincher has put together a list of skin loving steps to a happy complexion.
Skin feeling a little lackluster? Maybe it’s time to shake up your skin care routine! Here’s a couple easy things you can add into your life to help save your skin.
- Hydrate! HYDRATE! I can’t stress this enough. You are made up of water! You need water! Drink water! 2-3 liters a day, I’m serious. You will notice immediate results, not only in your skin but the way you feel, your digestion and your energy levels. Need help? Use our Big Bottles, just one bottle a day and you’re good! Don’t like plastic? Our 1 litre Cheeki bottles are for you. Watch how much caffeine and alcohol you consume- these can dehydrate you! Eat more water, vitamin and mineral rich foods like melon and cucumber. Want to make your water exciting? Slice lemon, cucumber and mint and chuck it in a jug overnight. Delicious!
- Eat lots of fruits and veggies. Vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and more. Your multivitamin in the most natural form. The more colourful the better!
- Don’t inject it, eat it! Vitamin C is vital for collagen production! Think oranges, strawberries, kiwi fruit, capsicum, tomatoes or kale! Want a boost? Melrose Vitamin C powder. Lovely skin never tasted so good.
- Fat! Good fats. Avocados. Walnuts. Pumpkin Seeds. Chia seeds. Flax seeds. Oily fish. Omega 3s LOVE your skin! Eat more! Need help? Try Melrose Flaxseed Oil.
- Exfoliate! Using an exfoliant every now and then clears the skin of dead skin cells and helps clear away, accumulated dirt and makeup that can clog pores. Try Eco Tan Himalayan Salt Scrub which uses natural oils and salt rather than plastic microbeads. It’s smells divine!
- Oil Cleanse. Whether your skin is oily or dry, it’ll love oil cleansing. Using oils rather than a foamy face wash means you can clean the skin of dirt and makeup without stripping it of it’s natural oils which can dry out the skin. It’s sounds like an oxymoron to put more oil on oily skin but it’s beautiful! Check out MooGoo Oil cleansing Method
- Get enough sleep. Take time for yourself. Practice Yoga, read a book, meditate. Your body regenerates cells and heals itself more efficiently if you have a nice balance between Para sympathetic and sympathetic nervous system.
Now remember skin can break out for many reasons. Things like allergies, hormones, stress, - if you’re outbreaks are chronic and causing you stress seeing a Naturopath, Doctor or Dermatologist may be the next step.
Remember- Use your promo Code Beauty20 to receive 20% off Skin Care and Cosmetics until the end of the week!