Geranium oil (Pelargonium graveolens) is a beautiful, floral essential oil often referred to as "the poor man's rose oil" for its similar properties and uses. It's sweet, rose-like aroma is long-lasting and potent. You need only a small amount or you'll smell it for days.
It's traditionally used for healthy skin (repair or rejuvenation), as well as widely known for its emotional support. It commonly promotes peace and a decrease in stress, especially in regards to releasing negativity, and is great for tension and overall well-being.
- Promotes clear, healthy skin
- Helps calm nerves and lessen stress
- Promotes healthy hair
Popular Uses of Geranium Essential Oil
- Use in an aromatherapy steam facial to beautify skin.
- Add a drop to your moisturizer to help balance oil production.
- The balancing properties of Geranium make it great for both dry and oily hair. Apply a few drops to your shampoo or conditioner bottle, or make your own deep hair conditioner.
- Diffuse aromatically to help relieve occasional stress and tension.
- Place one drop in the palm of your hands, rub hands together, and cup over nose and mouth to breathe slowly, or diffuse as desired to release emotions.
- Diffuse geranium oil throughout the room, apply over the heart or solar plexus, or breathe from the palm of your hand for connection.