Grapefruit essential oil (Citrus x paradisi), a lesser used but very potent and therapeutic oil, is created by cold-pressing the rind of the fruit to extract the oil. There's a reason eating a grapefruit for breakfast was a long-time weight loss fad. The oils in this fruit are incredibly beneficial to the metabolism. The aroma of the oil is clean, fresh, a little bitter, and of course, citrusy. (Hooda thunk it?)
This oil has been reported to increase your energy levels with its uplifting scent, giving you more energy and stamina, and helping you increase your activity levels. It supports cleansing of the system from the inside-out. And it increases your overall system, helping to return your body to its optimal health.
- Cleanses and purifies
- Beneficial for oily skin issues
- Supports healthy metabolism
- Helps reduce mental and physical fatigue
Popular Uses of Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Diffuse to sharpen focus while studying or reading.
- Apply to insect bites or minor irritations. For sensitive skin, dilute with fractionated coconut oil.
- Apply to fatigued or sore muscles and joints.
- Diffuse or apply topically to help clear congested areas.
- For performance Stress, add to bath water, drop several drops in your water, diffuse, or massage over the solar plexus to balance the sense of self.
- Add 2-3 drops to a glass of water after a night drinking to support the detoxification systems of the body.