Did you know it requires about 3,000 lemons to make one kilo of lemon essential oil (Citrus limon)? Or that lemon has been used throughout history to protect against immune threats? The aroma of the oil is (care to take a wager?) citrusy, sharp, and slightly sweet - kinda like a lemon. (Surprise!)
Lemon oil works primarily with the digestive, immune, and respiratory systems, promoting healthy function in the body. Aromatically, it's invigorating in a wake-you-up sorta way. It's also one of the most popular essential oils and has about a gazillion uses.
- Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces
- Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion
- Supports healthy respiratory function
- Promotes a positive mood and cognitive ability
Popular Uses of Lemon Essential Oil
- Diffuse or take internally with Peppermint and Lavender to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.
- Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, countertops, and other surfaces. Lemon oil also makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
- Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
- Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
- Diffuse several drops as desired, or massage over the heart center daily to increase connection.
- For Feelings of isolation, massage 1 drop over the heart center of diffuse several drops during times of emotional stress.