OverviewBlackmores Flexagil® is a clinically trialled* plant-based cream which provides relief of pain, swelling, stiffness and restricted joint mobility associated with osteoarthritis of the knee.
It also relieves mild-moderate back pain, and mild pain, swelling and tenderness associated with acute sporting injuries. Specifically, for ankle pains and strains this natural comfrey extract is an effective treatment alternative to topical diclofenac**.
- Helps relieves the pain and swelling of painful joints
- Helps relieve acute upper and lower back pain
- Helps relieves pain, inflammation, swelling and impaired movement in acute sports injuries including muscle pain
- Treats ankle sprains including the relief of pain, swelling and impaired mobility
- Helps relieves the symptoms of osteoarthritis as shown in a clinical trial* of osteoarthritis of the knee
*Grube, B., Grunwald, J., Krug, L. & Staiger, C. Efficacy of a comfrey root (Symphyti office. Radix) extract ointment in the treatment of patients with painful osteoarthritis of the knee: Results of a double-blind, randomised, bicenter, placebo-controlled trial. Phytomedicine, 2007;14:2-10. Financial sponsor: Merck Selbstmedikation GmbH**Compared to 1% w/w of diclofenac
The Blackmores difference
Blackmores Flexagil® is clinically proven, natural pain relief for those suffering from muscle and joint pain.
It contains a natural comfrey root extract and is an effective alternative to topical diclofenac, found in some pain relief gels.
Adults - Rub gently 3 – 4 times daily into painful or swollen areas, or as professionally prescribed. Typically, apply a thread of cream 2-6 cm in length.
Contraindications and cautions
- DO NOT SWALLOW
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional
- If osteoarthritis symptoms persist for 3 weeks, see your healthcare professional
- If pain associated with mild-moderate back pain and sport injury symptoms persist for 7 days, see your healthcare professional
- Do not use on broken skin, open wounds or mucous membranes and do not apply to the eyes
- Do not use under occlusive dressing
- Do not use in children under 12 years
- Do not use during pregnancy or lactation due to insufficient data on use
- Do not use if allergic to peanut oil
- Do not use if hypersensitive to any of the ingredients in the cream
- Do not use if tube seal is broken or missing